Selvol™ Ultalux SC Product Information
Advanced Hydration in Personal Care Formulations
Selvol Ultalux SC PVOH copolymer (INCI: VP/vinyl alcohol copolymer) is a unique film former and adhesion promoter applicable in skin care, hair care and color cosmetics.
Additionally, this product provides a balance of film-forming and adhesion. It also improves hydration for use in masks and peels, anti-aging creams and lotions, pore strips and scar treatment creams. This improved hydration makes it ideal for use in moisturizers, multipurpose creams and moisturizing masks.
Moreover, we have tested Selvol Ultalux SC for high quality and purity and have verified it is nonirritating on skin. In fact, SEKISUI guarantees top quality in all its Ultalux products.
Functions in Personal Care Formulations
- Adhesion promoter
- Film former
- Viscosity enhancer and controller
Applications in Personal Care Formulations
Manufacturers can use this PVOH copolymer an array of products:
- Brow makeup
- Eye shadows
- Hair Care
- Formulations for ethnic hair care/weaves
- Hairstyling gels
- Shampoos and conditioners
- Other Products
- Anti-aging items
- Body washes
- Facial masks and peels
- Pore strips
- Scar treatments
Selvol Ultalux SC Properties
||Tensile Strength, psi3
||Elongation at Break, %
||Adhesion to Glass, g
|Selvol Ultalux SC
||1,400 – 1,600
||5.5 – 7.0
||1,500 – 2,500
||3,250 – 4,250
||110 – 150
1. Viscosity of a 15% solution, 20°C
2. 4% aqueous solution
3. Tensile properties and adhesion as measured on films containing 12% PVOH and 3% glycerin after casting and drying in a controlled temperature and humidity room for 24 hours
Improved Hydration in Facial Mask Formulations
When compared to other PVOH-based facial masks, our Ultalux product offers excellent skin adhesion, flexible film-forming characteristics and superior hydration.
Moisturizing Face Mask Formulation
(Area A/Area B)
|Selvol Ultalux SC face mask
|Typical PVOH face mask
|Selvol™ Ultalux SC
1. In a mixing vessel with a high-speed mixer, add 15% Selvol Ultalux SC solution.
2. Add ethanol, glycerin, PEG 400, polysorbate-20, preservatives, fragrances and extracts, with blending.
3. Allow the solution to deaerate so that it is free of bubbles.