Films and Packing Applications
Our Selvol™ polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH) and Ultiloc resins offer unique attributes for films and packing:
- Possible water solubility
- Possible biodegradability and compostability
- Oxygen and other gas and odor barrier properties
- Solvent, oil and grease resistance
- Inherently antistatic properties
- Innocuous and environmentally friendly properties
Selvol™ Ultiloc barrier resins have verified gas barrier performance with higher adhesion properties, making them an excellent fit for a variety of flexible films and packing applications. For example, Selvol Ultiloc barrier resins offer these distinct benefits:
- Thinner films with lower gauge weights
- Potential for fewer layers in laminate structures, without adhesive tie layers
- Better film clarity
- Potential replacement of other barrier technologies
Selvol Ultiloc 5003 offers these characteristics:
- Superior oxygen transmission rate (OTR)
- Zero chlorine
- Higher reactivity for greater crosslinking characteristics to improve moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR)
- Excellent adhesion and the ability to be coated directly onto corona-treated BOPP and BOPET
- This indicates adhesive tie layers are unnecessary, and it produces thinner, simpler laminate films.
- Ultra-clear coating production
- Heat-sealable attributes
These qualities make it an excellent choice for films and packing applications.
Please contact us for more information, or request a sample.