Selvol™ Ultalux SC PVOH copolymer (INCI: VP/Vinyl Alcohol Copolymer) is a unique film former and adhesion promoter applicable in skin care, hair care and color cosmetics.
Selvol™ Ultalux SC provides a balance of film-forming performance and adhesion functionality with improved hydration for use in masks and peels, anti-aging creams and lotions, pore strips and scar treatment formulations. Selvol™ Ultalux SC is tested for high quality and purity and is verified as non-irritating on skin. The improved hydration makes it ideal for use in moisturizers, multipurpose creams and moisturizing masks.
Brow makeup, anti-aging products, body washes, ethnic hair care/ weaves, eye lashes, eye liners, eye shadow, hair styling gels, mascara, facial masks and peels, pore strips, scar treatment, shampoos/ conditioners.
|Grade||Viscosity, cps1||pH2||Tensile Strength, psi3||Modulus, psi||Elongation at Break, %||Adhesion to Glass, g|
|Selvol™ Ultalux SC||1,400 – 1,600||5.5 – 7.0||1,500 – 2,500||3,250 – 4,250||> 200||110 – 150|
1. Viscosity of a 15% solution, 20°C
2. 4% Aqueous Solution
3. Tensile properties and adhesion were measured on films containing 12% PVOH and 3% glycerin after casting and drying in a controlled temperature and humidity room for 24 hours
Selvol™ Ultalux SC compared with Typical PVOH-based facial mask imparts effective skin adhesion with flexible film-forming characteristics, exhibiting improved hydration.
(Area A/Area B)
|Selvol™ Ultalux SC Face Mask||2.9|
|Typical PVOH Face Mask||2.5|
|Selvol™ Ultalux SC||12|
1. In mixing vessel with high speed mixer, add 15% Selvol™ Ultalux SC Solution
2. Add in Ethanol, Glycerin, PEG 400, Polysorbate-20, Preservatives, Fragrances and Extracts, with blending
3. Allow solution to de-aerate so that it is free of bubbles
> 15% improvement in hydration
50% reduction in “Cook” time