Selvol™ Ultiloc Product Information
Selvol Ultiloc is a series of patented copolymers that expand the functionality of industry trusted Selvol Polyvinyl Alcohol products. When compared to the polyvinyl alcohol polymer alone, Ultiloc copolymers offer a range of unique characteristics: higher adhesion, improved crosslinking, faster dissolution, and lower temperature solubility. These characteristics bring added efficiency and improved utility to many applications that already use polyvinyl alcohol and can be considered for new applications as well.
The Ultiloc series is supported by several key patents registered by Sekisui Specialty Chemicals. Years of research and development have been invested in these products. To find out more about the distinct properties Selvol Ultiloc grade offer, please download the NEW Copolymers Guide
Selvol Ultiloc 5003
Ultiloc 5003 has proven to be one of the more popular and interesting products in the Ultiloc series. It exhibits enhanced adhesion characteristics to many substrates including corona treated BOPP and BOPET, and is often used in flexible packaging film, contributing to a reduction in layers and decreased gauge weight. Ultiloc 5003 also has well established superior gas barrier performance allowing it to be considered an acceptable replacement for alternative barrier technologies.
- Higher reactivity – leading to improved crosslinking or post
- Improved adhesion to a wide variety of substrates, including
difficult/low energy surfaces
- Effective additive for improving adhesion characteristics in
emulsion based adhesives
- Lower temperature solubility and quicker dissolution process.
- These characteristics lend Ultiloc 5003 to other applications in which adhesion and crosslinking are crucial. To find out more about Ultiloc 5003 or the other three Ultiloc copolymers, please download the Copolymer Guide. To request samples of any of the Ultiloc series, please complete a request form here.