Selvol™ Polyvinyl Alcohol and Selvol™ Ultiloc resins offer a unique variety of attributes:
- Possible water solubility
- Possible biodegradability/compostability
- Oxygen and other gas/odor barrier properties
- Resistance to solvents, oils and greases
- Inherently anti-static
- Innocuous and environmentally friendly
Selvol™ Ultiloc Barrier Resins have established gas barrier performance with superior adhesion properties, making them an excellent fit for a variety of flexible packing applications. Selvol™ Ultiloc Barrier Resins can offer the following in the preparation of flexible films:
- Thinner films with a reduction in gauge weight
- Potential to reduce the number of layers in laminate structures – with the elimination of adhesive tie layers.
- Improved film clarity.
- Potential to replace other barrier technologies.
Selvol™ Ultiloc 5003 characteristics include.
- Superior Oxygen Transmission Rate (OTR) performance
- Non-Chlorine containing product.
- Higher reactivity for greater cross linking characteristics that can improve MVTR performance.
- Excellent adhesion properties and can be coated directly onto corona treated BOPP & BOPET, therefore
- No need for adhesive tie layers
- Producing thinner/simplified laminate films
- Produces an ultra-clear coating