Sekisui Specialty Chemicals is searching for a new team member!
Posting Date: April 2015
Position: Field Market Development Manager, PVOH
Reports to: Global Marketing Director
HR Contact: Ila Frazier
Please forward resumes email@example.com
Field Market Development Manager
- Lead regional, application specific field marketing development efforts for PVOH Growth Programs. Responsible for revenue and variable margin growth within the focal application areas and market segment.
- Communicate market intelligence within growth segments including competitive overviews, trends, growth opportunities, and business risks to segment Marketing Manager.
- Capture Voice of the customer in focus market segments, communicate to the organization, and contribute to formulation of programs to capture value and increase profitable growth.
- Conduct market/customer needs mapping and analysis and drive penetration, validation and translation of growth opportunties in key market areas.
- Drive to close translation / penetration opportunities, and communicate same to Core sales team and global salesforce where appropriate.
- Drive specific new application and product development activities in growth segments.
- Participate in appropriate trade shows / conferences to improve market/application knowledge and industry presence.
- 3-5 years field sales or technical service experience, preferably in technical selling role.
- Strong commercial skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to understand product technical requirements and transform into a value proposition
- Demonstrated results orientation and initiative.
- Demonstrated self-starter.
- Strong business acumen, negotiating and decision making skills
- Demonstrated courage and risk taking behaviors
- Demonstrated ability to influence highly matrixed organization in order to build cross functional support for given industries and opportunities
- Ability to quickly and effectively switch focus depending on changes in prioritization.
- Technical degree and or background preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage projects.
- Experienced in business development Stage-Gate process.
- Understanding of Value in Use and Sub-segmentation analysis.
- Experienced in use of DFSS market tools.
- Strategic analysis skill set.